Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Kennedy Space Centerl





Before we left town we were lucky enough also to visit NASA's Kennedy Space Center and Cape Canaveral.  Also because the space shuttle is scheduled to launch May 31st it was already on one of the launch pads so we were especially lucky.

This is one of the last 10 missions for the shuttle as the Intl' Space station will be completed.  A new...I don't know what to call it, it's not going to be a shuttle persay..thing will be completed in April of 2009 I believe our guide said.  Hard to imagine.  This will be able to return man to the moon and beyond to Mars.  

We also enjoyed seeing the many, many alligators alongside our tour bus in the canal.  A little scary.

2 comments:

Sheli said...

It's great to see what you guys are up to! I linked your site on mine so I can check it regularly. (No pressure to keep it up to date! Ha Ha!) I go in spurts...but it is fun.

grandmab said...

Glad to see the pictures of your Florida trip! Happy to hear that you had so much fun!

Love, Grandma